It’s gluten-free and vegan. This pie is full of amazing lime and coconut flavor ! Moist, creamy and So heavenly! Perfectly sweet … It’s also quite possibly one of the most delicious desserts I’ve ever created.
For the crust :
- 60g rolled oats,
- 2 tbsp peanut butter,
- 50g dates (soaked with hot water for 20min),
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder,
- 2 tbsp coconut oil.
For the filling:
- 1(400ml) can low-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight,
- 3 limes
- 20g gelatin (for vegan, please use agar)
- maple syrup /Xylitol.
- Prepare the crust :in a food processor, add drained dates, and all ingredients for the crust.
- Process until well combined.
- Spoon the crust mixture into the prepared pie dish (mine was 13cm).
- Starting at the centre, press down firmly, moving outward and up on sides.
- To prepare the filling open the can of coconut milk.
- There will be a firm waxy layer on top.
- Scoop out this firm layer cream.
- Stop as soon as you reach the water.
- Add 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice into a coconut cream and add maple syrup /xylitol(of choice) and beat until it forms.
- You can add 2 tbsp of lime zest into coconut cream(leave rest of lime zest for a decoration).
- Mix gelatine with a little bit of hot water.
- Stir until the gelatine is dissolves.
- Then add into a coconut cream and whipped until creamy.
- Pour onto your crust base and chill for an hour.
- Decorate with lime zest.